What is Google Malware Checker?
Google Malware Checker is a free online tool that helps to check whether a website contains any malicious software or not. This tool scans the website and detects any malware, viruses, worms, or trojans that may be present on the site.
Google Malware Checker works by checking the website against Google’s Safe Browsing API, which is a database of known malicious websites and software. If the website is found to be infected with malware or any other harmful software, the tool will provide a warning message along with the details of the malware found.
This tool is useful for website owners and users to ensure that their website or the website they are about to visit is safe and free from any malicious software that may harm their device or steal their personal information.
In short, the Google Malware Checker detects Malware on every website you visit, including your website. Suppose you want to secure your website from hackers. In that case, it is essential to check websites before opening them using a malware scanner. You can use our free tool and protect your website from virus attacks.
What is Google Safe Browsing?
Google Safe Browsing is a security service provided by Google that helps to protect users from phishing attacks, malware, and other online security threats. It works by maintaining a continuously updated list of unsafe websites and identifying potentially harmful URLs.
When a user attempts to visit a website, Google Safe Browsing checks the URL against its database of unsafe sites. If the website is found to be unsafe, Google will display a warning message in the user’s web browser, recommending that the user does not proceed to the site. This warning message helps to protect users from potentially harmful websites, such as those that contain malware, phishing scams, or other types of malicious content.
In addition to protecting users, Google Safe Browsing also provides a set of APIs that developers can use to integrate Safe Browsing functionality into their own applications. This allows developers to check whether URLs are safe or not, and take appropriate action to protect their users from online security threats.
As per Google:
- Google’s Safe Browsing technology examines billions of URLs per day looking for unsafe websites.
- Every day, Google discover thousands of new unsafe sites, many of which are legitimate websites that have been compromised.
Why is Google Safe Browsing important?
- Google Safe Browsing feature is related to the End User Security.
- When Google detect unsafe sites, It show warnings on Google Search and in web browsers.
- You can search to see whether a website is currently dangerous to visit by using Google Safe Browsing & Google Malware Checker Tool.
Google Safe Browsing is important for other several reasons:
- Protects Users: By warning users about unsafe websites, Google Safe Browsing helps to protect users from online security threats, such as phishing scams, malware, and other types of malicious content.
- Promotes Trust: The presence of a warning message on a website can alert users that the site is unsafe, which can damage the reputation of the site and the business that operates it. Google Safe Browsing helps to promote trust in online commerce and other activities by alerting users to potentially harmful websites.
- Reduces Cybercrime: By alerting users to unsafe websites, Google Safe Browsing can help to reduce cybercrime. This is because many cybercriminals use unsafe websites to distribute malware, conduct phishing attacks, and carry out other types of malicious activity.
- Encourages Website Security: Websites that are identified as unsafe by Google Safe Browsing are often blacklisted by other security services as well. This can encourage website owners to take steps to improve the security of their sites, such as implementing HTTPS encryption, using secure authentication methods, and regularly scanning their sites for vulnerabilities.
Overall, Google Safe Browsing is an important tool for protecting users, promoting trust in online activities, reducing cybercrime, and encouraging website security.
Why is it important to use this tool?
- Anti-virus software may not detect other malicious details such as spyware and adware because they don’t act like viruses.
- Hence it would help if you still use a Google malware checker tool to guard your computer and website from different threats, including malware.
- To protect websites getting affected by malware, do not open email attachments from unknown sources. These strange emails are the principal transmitters of malware on the web.
How to Use Google Malware Checker Free Tool?
- Enter the complete URL of the website which you want to check for malware in the textbox provided.
- Click on “check,” and you will be directed to a google page known as Google’s safe browsing the diagnostic page.
- Enter your website URL or domain name (with or without WWW).
- Click on Submit
- It will open the new pop-up window of Google Transparency Report.
- Result will show the Safe Browsing site status & Last updated date.