What is the use of Youtube Thumbnail?
YouTube thumbnails are small, clickable images that represent a video on the YouTube platform. They appear in search results, suggested videos, and on the video’s watch page. The use of a well-designed YouTube thumbnail can have several benefits:
- Attracting viewers: A visually appealing thumbnail can grab the attention of viewers and entice them to click on the video to watch.
- Conveying information: A thumbnail can give viewers an idea of what the video is about, using images or text overlays to convey the video’s topic or main message.
- Branding: Consistent use of branding elements, such as color schemes or logos, in a thumbnail can help viewers recognize and identify the channel or brand.
- Differentiating from competitors: A unique or creative thumbnail can help a video stand out from the competition and differentiate it from similar content.
- Increasing engagement: A well-designed thumbnail can increase the click-through rate and engagement with the video, leading to more views, likes, and comments.
Overall, the use of a YouTube thumbnail is an important aspect of video marketing and can have a significant impact on the success of a video or channel on the platform.
How to get Youtube Thumbnail?
Getting a YouTube thumbnail is easy and can be done in a few different ways, depending on your needs:
- Automatically generated: YouTube automatically generates three thumbnail options for every video, which can be found in the video editing section of the YouTube Studio. You can choose one of these options or create a custom thumbnail.
- Customized: You can create a custom thumbnail for your video using image editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop or Canva. The image should be 1280 x 720 pixels, and saved in a supported file format such as JPEG or PNG. Once created, you can upload the custom thumbnail to YouTube in the video editing section.
- Online tools: There are several online tools available that allow you to create custom thumbnails without any design experience. These tools typically offer a variety of templates and design elements that you can customize to create a thumbnail that fits your video.
- Third-party apps: Some third-party apps, such as TubeBuddy or VidIQ, offer features that allow you to create and customize thumbnails directly within the app. These apps often have additional features and analytics that can help improve your YouTube channel’s performance.
Overall, getting a YouTube thumbnail is a simple process, and there are several options available to create a thumbnail that best represents your video and brand.