What is Google Indexing?
- Google has website crawler which crawls all the applicable pages from your website (if you permitted it for).
- Google crawls all those pages which have no “no-index” tag.
- Google parses & stores the crawled information from all the permitted (by site owners/admins) websites.
- All this information is stored in systematic structure by indexing complete information for faster operations.
What is Google Index Checker?
Google Index Checker is an online tool that allows users to check the status of a website’s pages in Google’s search index. It provides information on which pages of a website have been indexed by Google and which pages have not.
Google Index Checker works by submitting the URL of a website to Google and then retrieving information on the number of pages indexed by Google. It also provides additional data such as the number of backlinks, the number of pages that have been crawled, and the number of pages that have been blocked by robots.txt.
This tool is useful for website owners, SEO professionals, and digital marketers to track the indexing status of their website pages. It can help to identify any issues with indexing, such as pages that have been blocked by robots.txt or pages that have been penalized by Google. This information can then be used to improve the website’s search engine visibility and increase traffic to the site.
Why Google Index is considered important in SEO?
- Google Index directly shows you that the number of pages from your website whose information is processed & stored by Google Search Engine.
- More the number of indexed pages, more the possibility of your website appearance in Search Results.
- Which means more the organic traffic on your website from Google Search.
Google indexing is important in SEO because it determines whether or not a web page will appear in Google search results. When a web page is indexed, it means that Google has added the page to its database and will include it in search results when relevant queries are made.
Here are some reasons why Google indexing is crucial for SEO:
- Increased Visibility: If a web page is not indexed, it will not appear in Google search results, and users will not be able to find it. Indexing the page will increase its visibility and make it more accessible to users.
- Improved Rankings: The more pages of a website that are indexed, the higher the website is likely to rank in search results. This is because Google considers the number of pages indexed as an indicator of the website’s quality and authority.
- Faster Crawling: When a web page is indexed, Google will regularly crawl the page to check for updates and changes. This can help to ensure that the website’s content is always up-to-date and relevant.
- Better User Experience: Indexing all relevant pages of a website can improve the user experience by making it easier for users to find the information they need.
In summary, Google indexing is important in SEO because it helps to increase visibility, improve rankings, ensure timely updates, and enhance the user experience.
How to use Google Index Checker tool?
- Enter your website URL or domain name (with or without WWW)
- Click on Submit
- You will get the number of Google Indexed Pages as a result.